It’s not long before it really starts to warm up and bugs will become even more active than they are now (They wander about all year here in Southern Arizona, dang it!). We recommend that you consider taking the following steps before the bug hordes step up their attacks on your home and hearth:
1) Remove sources of food, water and shelter.
2) Store food in sealed plastic or glass containers.
3) Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trashcans. Remove garbage regularly from your home.
4) Fix leaky plumbing and don’t let water accumulate anywhere in the home. Don’t let water collect in trays under your houseplants or refrigerator.
5) Don’t leave pet food and water out overnight.
6) Clutter provides places for pests to breed and hide and makes it hard to get rid of them. Get rid of things like stacks of newspapers, magazines, or cardboard.
7) Close off places where pests can enter and hide. For example, caulk cracks and crevices around cabinets or baseboards. Use steel wool to fill spaces around pipes. Cover any holes with wire mesh.
Taking these steps and working with your pals at GreenShield Pest Control to protect your property will help keep nature in its place! Call us at 520-393-3352. Sooner is better than later!